Most people dream every night, although they often cannot remember what they've dreamed of. I typically remember a lot of what I dream. Not everyday, but when I do remember, it is in great detail and pretty darned vivid. Like most others, I have my share of strange dreams, the funny ones, and even nightmares. However, most often my dreams mimic Disney fairy tales and romantic comedies from the 50's. In my dreams, I am the star, the leading actress if you will. My dreams are predominately made up of songs and dance in place of your average conversation. I guess you could say that I have musical dreams. Despite how wonderful the majority of the dream is, it regularly ends the same. The male lead find some other woman more interesting and appealing than I, and I am left alone. Then I wake up.
What a terrible way to start the day. Thinking that you're not worth keeping and that you're so easy to just give up on and not worth the fight. That in itself is downright depressing and can hurt a girl's self esteem. If you're anything like me, you often take your dreams way too seriously. I have woken up so mad at people for what they have done in my dreams that I do not even want to speak to them. Only to have to remind myself that it was not reality and that I need to get over it, shake it off. These dreams though, they seem so real. They're full of romance and love and hope, but for whatever reason they always end in heartache and sadness and disappointment. So what if I change my fairy tale before it makes me upset again?
Here is goes:
YES! I think that I could really be onto something here. Traveling, concerts, not getting cheated on, and most importantly putting myself first, SIGN ME UP!!! Putting myself first, what a refreshing thought. I have not done that (until now) since I was in high school, because when you are in a relationship, you sometimes lose sight of reality and start to act crazy and put others before yourself and that is called love. I could do anything, be anything! The more I thought about it, the more other things came to mind, such as wouldn't a person get lonely if they just gave up on love and finding their soul mate? The end to their fairy tale evolves into being alone and making money. That just sounds so sad to me. Sure, you would have a lot of money and wouldn't have to worry about someone saying "go make me a sandwich" but you would also have nobody with whom you can share any of your success and travels. Makes it all seem kind of worthless without having someone to share it with. That, in my opinion, is not a life worth living. I want happiness and a great love, and those are two things that are difficult to obtain without the presence of someone who is worth sharing.
As I thought more about my dreams and desires along with the new fairy tale I had created in my mind, I began to think and, sure enough, *light bulb* I have got it! What if I combine the two?! I want to be able to travel, be successful, have the toilet seat be in the proper position AND have my great love. Who is to say that I cannot obtain all of these things all the while achieving and maintaining a spectacular, fairy tale type love that makes me want to sing and dance in place of conversation. Like I have said time and time again, what is the point in doing all of these things if you have nobody to share them with? Some people would call this dependent. Insinuating that I am dependent on others in order to be happy myself, but it is not dependancy. I am not depending on someone else for my happiness, I can be happy all on my own, but it is so much more fulfilling and meaningful if you're able to bring that joy and lightness to someone else. I want my great love to know the joys that I have and embark on the journeys that I take with me. He can even ask me to make him a sandwich every once in a while, and I wouldn't kill him if he occasionally forgot to return the toilet seat to its proper position. Individual happiness and success, along with great love, are attainable, simultaneously. It is all about balance, compromise, patience, and a determination to live out your fairy tale and enjoy your happy ending. I can have my cake and eat it too, and so can you!



No comments:
Post a Comment