Good loving is hard to find, you got lucky babe, when I found you. - Tom Petty
It has almost been three years since we split up and I can truthfully say that there is almost never a day that goes by that he doesn't at least cross my mind. When I think about him, it still hurts just as bad as it did three years ago. My stomach gets tight, my heart hurts to its core, and the insecurities instantly begin to overflow. Sure, I have had my share of relationships since him, but none that have even come close to making me feel the way I did when I was with him. Just sitting here writing this tears pour down my face and I can hardly even make out the words on the screen in front of me.
"Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long
No matter what I say or do
I still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone"
- Sara Bareilles
I have tried too many times to remain a part of his life, from trying to be his friend to trying to be his lover again, but I am not in love with him anymore. It is as simple as this, he is a different person now than he was when we were together. Which is fine, I am a lot different now too. I honestly want nothing more than for him to be happy and he will forever hold a very special place in my heart. There will always be a part of me that loves him. What I really wish is to be able to find a way to remember the good times that we shared without constantly feeling the pain of losing a great love. I think the thing that makes me the most upset, and is making it the hardest to move on, is the fear of never finding a love like this again. That is a thought that plagues my mind and brings darkness and sadness to my heart. I pray daily to be able to, one day, find a great love that I can hold onto forever. One that stands the test of time, that is built upon common morals, love, patience, communication and a love for God. One that is full of respect, honesty, and trust. And most importantly, one that my children will be able to look up to and value above all else. Despite my fear of not finding it, I remain hopeful. And for now, that is enough.

Jamie, we went to Shasta together, and I just want to say I feel the exact same way. The hurt, the insecurities, the hope, the love, keeping my faith, and making my own way. It's just nice to know that there is someone else out there who is looking for their fairy tale lover too. I wish you the best of luck and I've really enjoyed reading your blog.
ReplyDelete*sara
Sara, I am so glad that what I am writing is easy for others to relate to. Thank you for reading and I am glad that you have enjoyed it. I contemplated keeping this blog private, but I have had such an amazing response and outpouring of love from my readers that I am so glad that I decided to go public. Hope you keep reading :] Good luck to you as well.
ReplyDelete